This HowTo will show you the process of downloading areas of the map for offline use. You can download as many areas as you want. You should have a stable WLAN connection.
1) Select Map / Download
Press the small download button of the big map button.
2) Choose your preferred map provider from the Online page and press the Download-button in the menu.
3) Select the area on the map. Drag the two green circles to mark the area.
Press the OK-sign button if you want to download this area.
4) Give your download a name and press the OK-button in the menu.
You can chosse the maximum zoom-level. Zoom-level 15 or 16 is mostly enough.
The download size rises with a more detailed zoom level.
5) The download is in progress now. Do not turn of your phone. Ensure a stable WLAN-connection and connect your phone with a power supply.
6) After you have successfully download the area a new list entry is visible in the Info-page of the Online map provider.
You can delete the tiles covered by downloaded areas. Choose the online map provider from the Online page, press the lower Info-button (i) and select the Downloads-page. Choose the downloaded area and press the Delete-button of the menu to delete the tiles.
To use the downloaded area, you do not need to select it. The locally available map tiles are automatically used preferably before they are downloaded online. Jut use the online map as usual.