The german, czech and dutch users will be happy with the translated app in their native language.
A main new feature is the ability to import ready made map-files in the GEMF-format. You can download some ready made GEMF-files from the map catalog or build your own map files with the PC-tool ‘Mobac’ (Mobile Atlas Creator, Format OSMdroid-GEMF).
All new features:
- Translation for german, czech and dutch
- Use ready made maps in GEMF-format
- Use more than one user defined map
- Black and white theme
- File-association for .gpx and .gemf with this app
- Sort Waypoints and Favorites by some criterias
- Tracks longer than 2000 points are reduced to 2000 points for faster responsiveness of the app
A small update of maaloo Outdoor is released. Two main features are added. The GPS-recording now runs in background, enabling the recording with another App in foreground. You can check your Mails or use a Messenger while the recording is continued.
The next major new feature is the file association with .gpx-files. Open a .gpx-file from Mail or Cloud and the file will be opened with maaloo Outdoor to import tracks or waypoints.
New features and changes
- GPS-recording in background
- .gpx file association
- Dropbox login bug fixed
A very useful new feature comes with V2.4 of maaloo Geocaching, the possibility to use ready made map packages from SD-card. If you do not have an SD-card you can import the map files by mail or Cloud. The map files must follow the .gemf-format, known from Android-phones. You can create this map files with the Mobile Atlas Creator (Mobac, format ‘Osmdroid GEMF’) by yourself or download them from other sources. There are some ready made map files in a neat map catalog on this site.
The most noticeable visual change is the new map menu. The different map sources are organized in an Online and Offline page with folders to categorize them.
You can define as many user defined map providers as you want now. The limit of only 1 user defined map is revoked.
All new features
- possibility to use ready made map files (.gemf) from SD-card or imported them to the local storage
- more than one user defined map
- the file extensions .gpx and .gemf are now associated with the app. You can open this file-type from mail or file browsers and switch directly to maaloo to import this files.
- the Go-function now works better with the ‘Navigation HERE’ option.
- A tap on the 2 or 4 Info-fields on the map opens the map options page to select the content for the fields.
A nice and needful feature comes with the new version 2.3, the Pop-up window in the map with a short description of the cache. The Pop-Up has two buttons, the info button and the ‘Go’-navigation button. Escpecially the ‘Go’-button allows the fast choice of this cache as your next target, without the need to open the info page first.
All new features:
- Map: Info Pop-up of the cache in the map
- Map: new options
– night mode
– dark buttons
– auto hide buttons
- Czech language for the app (Thanks to Lupyno!)
- Dutch language for offline helpers (Thanks to marmarroo!)
A big present for all german speaking users. maaloo Geocaching now speaks german, endlich!
But there is also a new feature for all other people, the black-theme. Especially for AMOLED-phones the black-theme is very useful to save energy.
New feature list
- black and white theme
- localized for german language
- cache-details page more clearly arranged
- bugfix: download caches sometimes results in not readable list
If you want to help to translate maaloo Geocaching to your local language e.g. Finnish or Czech, please contact me. (see Impressum)
Two updates at one day! maaloo Geocaching v2.1 and maaloo Outdoor v2.0 are released today.
The Outdoor version gets the HERE map like the Geocaching version got in v2.0. Both version now have a fine tuned map download quota solution for each map provider. Both version talk to you by text to speech if you are nearby or reached your desired waypoint/geocache.
The map providers have different restrictions for map downloads. This version respects this restrictions more stringent and re-allows some maps for download which were blocked in v2.0/1.2. You can read the restriction seetings in the Info page of each map provider.
This update starts with the implementation of many new features of the Window Phone 8 platform. The start is the most wanted feature, the HERE map integration. No more downloads of maps in advance, just go out for caching with the delightful Nokia HERE map.
The new features list:
- Nokia HERE map integration
– road and hybrid mode
– day and night colors
– adjust pitch for 3D view
– fast rendering, ..
- Geocaching features
– added log type Will attend, Attended
– bugfix: save caches
……– it should possible to download the caches of the map as list again
– drop the default log text with a button above the log edit box
– nearby the target cache the log/notes button switches to the log page
- Address search
– selected address result can be displayed on the map with the Go button
This update is available for Windows Phone 8 devices only.
The coming updates will require the features of the Windows Phone 8 platform too.