There is a new issue on newer phones (Lumia 550, 640, 950) which got the latest Windows Mobile System update. The app crashes if you open the map. This only happens if you have selected the HERE map for the map, which is the default. The reason is not yet known.
You can use the Online maps instead. Select Main screen / Download / Online / Normal and use this selection for the map with the OK sign. The last selected map provider will be saved for the next start of the app.
For offline usage you can use the offline vector maps. Read the instructions in the HowTos how to install them.
How to install offline vector maps
Sorry for any inconvenience.
*** Update ***
The issue with the crashing HERE-map is fixed in Build 10.0.15245.0 of Windows 10 Mobile.
Perhaps you can help other users.
There is the “good” old Windows Store error 0x80073CF9. This error was born together with the Windows Phone itself and prevents the installation of apps on the phone. This error comes and goes.
I never got a meaningful answer from Microsoft, how to fix this. There are some hints in the internet, to set the installation target from SD-card to the internal memory. But phones without an SD-card get this error too.
Do you got this error too and solved it for you? How?
Update for maaloo Outdoor 8 (blue icon).
This update introduces the new POI online service provided by maaloo itself with data by OpenStreetMap. Points of Interest (POI) are useful waypoints like restaurants, bars, shops or shelters. Find a shelter in the forest or a nice beer garden for a short break while hiking. You can save the POIs as favorite waypoints for offline purposes.
The POI service currently covers the area of europe.
You can click on a POI as usual and open the detail page. Each POI can contain detailed information like opening hours or the postal address, dependent on the type of the POI.
The types of POIs are organized in categories, which can be selected in the filter page.
Enjoy the new feature, especially in unknown regions.
POI Data © OpenStreetMap contributors, ODbl 1.0.
Update Geocaching v2.5.2 – Now with french language – thanks Massis!
The language of the app can be selected in the settings now. Previously the language was set from the phone system language.
Bugfixes and improvements:
- Add new logs without to alter the previous edited log
- Change log type of not uploaded logs
- Question for open logs on app exit removed
- Logs can be reloaded from logs page in cache details
- HTML-view improved with line breaks
- Double tap on search result opens cache details
- HERE-map keeps zoom settings on map switches
- GEMF-maps are centered on map after selection from map chooser
There is a new update available for maaloo Outdoor . The new features are the results of your suggestions made in this blog, reviews of the app, the forum and personal mails. Thanks for this. 🙂
The new features of v1.2:
- shows some interesting informations while you walk or bike, like speed, pace, trip counter, trip time, ETA (estimated time of arrival), ..
- for your ambitious outdoor plans the sunrise and sunset is now monitored
- the compass is now a second page of the GPS Monitor
- the tracks are now sortable by name, length, distance, date and height
an icon shows the type of the track (hike, bike or jogging)
- uploaded tracks are marked with a green upload icon
- the map of the track can be enlarged to full screen mode for better overview
- charts for height and speed profile
- the coordinates can be display and edited in UTM coordinate format, according to the settings
- the GPX format now writes the correct date and time format, for better compatibility with outdoor software e.g. BaseCamp™
- enable dark color for buttons on the map, for better readability on some maps