This update offers some improvements and bugfixes for Geocaching and the Geocaching-InApp.
The Log Upload page has 3 buttons to enable or disable the upload for notes, logs and trackables logs. The upload process itself checks for errors from GC-API and marks the logs having an upload-error not as uploaded, for your next try (with better WLAN connection).
There are now logging types for owners of geocaches for the maintenance of there geocaches in the field. (Temporarily Disable Listing, Enable Listing, Owner Maintenance)
The quality of the GC-icons has improved. You will notice this especially on phones with higher resolution.
This update speeds up the map rendering of the OSM vector maps somewhat. You can customize the details of OSM vector maps according to the speed of your smartphone, with the new map option “Speed Optimization“. The slower your smartphone, the higher the speed optimization should be set. Default is ‘medium’.
The online access for the map can be locked now to prevent downloading of map tiles even when online access is available. This option only applies to online maps. Accessing the geocaches can still take place via the refresh button on the map.
This app has been migrated from WP8.0 to WP8.1 environment. This has not only advantages but also disadvantages. Under WP8.1 an app can not run in the background while continuing the location tracking.
If you use another app while the track record, for example a photo app, you must return to maaloo to further record the track. You can do this by pressing long on the back button until an overview of all running apps appears. Then simply tap on maaloo again.
You can switch off the display, to save energy. The track records also under the lock screen.
Some users have also update errors on WP8.1. The most solution is to reinstall the app.
Here is a official statement from Microsoft Support regarding the update problems especially for error code 80073cf9:
If some other users had similar problems and resolved them, please let us know your solution here by replying to this post.
A few new utilities and cleaned up a bit …
- locally logged caches as “Found it” are displayed immediately in this state on the map. The state will be saved only for favorite caches. In PQs it does not work yet.
- Textual smileys in log text will be replaced with the corresponding graphical icons.
- The friend function is working again and now has a refresh button to update the number of finds of all friends.
- The text phrase “[COUNT]” of your log text will be replaced with the number of your found caches and incremented further. However, only if it is a “Found it” log. If not, an empty text is replaced.
- The GC profile icon on GC.com was reduced to a 48 × 48 image, or will be downscaled to this size if you add a larger picture. But such a small image can not be used as LiveTile. Some (new) users were not able to use the feature “Use your GC-profile icon as LiveTile”. Luck had only the GC-profiles who still had a big old icon. Since this is not a reliable state, the function has been removed.
This updates (v2.7.0 and 2.7.1) extend the features of your profile. Now you can manage your geocaching friends and view their statistics, know when they were active. Your own geocaches are listed in your profile.
The pictures of geocaches are downloaded locally to your phone for offline use. In the prior versions the pictures were only saved with favorited geocaches for offline use. You can delete the offline pictures (v2.7.1)
- Manage your geocaching friends
- List of your own geocaches
- Pictures of the geocache listing are saved locally for offline use
- You can delete the offline pictures
- Logs are listed with the icon of the finder
- View details of the finder
This update removes some bugs and adds some minor changes for both versions of maaloo.
List of changes:
- Speed is calculated with average filter for smoothness
- Track recording is saved after 10 minute interval for recovery in case of phone/app crashes
- SD-Card maps are imported from ‘Downloads’-folder if ‘map’-folder doesn’t exist
- GPS-direction used as Compass-input for phones without real Compass-chip (Lumia 630, ..)
- Trip counter/time is reset on new day
- Bugfix: Geocaches are visible on map immediately after online refresh