maaloo Geocaching is now free. You do not have to pay anything to use the full version. I hope you like that.
Update 220.127.116.11 – Changelog
- The default map is now the OpenStreetMap “Normal” map, because of problems with the HERE map on newer devices.
- The ‘View Online’ feature is not available for Basic members of geocaching.com.
- The lost of the GPS-signal is now alerted by voice and vibration.
Update 18.104.22.168 – Changelog
- There is an option for the new feature ‘The lost of the GPS-signal is now alerted by voice and vibration.’ – Settings / Proximity / Checkbox ‘Alert GPS-Signal lost’
Update 22.214.171.124 – Changelog
- The Favorites / Waypoints page has a redesigned application bar. There is a new button to activate the multi selection mode and one more button to select all or de-select all items. You can elect the selected waypoints as your favorites, which copies them to the favorites folder.
- If you choose “update all” from the Favorites menu, the geocaches are getting updated as usual, but now the pictures of the caches are downloaded too. (Hint: If you delete the favorites afterwards, the pictures stay in the storage of maaloo until you delete them by “Database / delete (red icon)” explicitly. Hint 2: If you have the same waypoints in a Pocket Query, the pictures of the same caches (equal GC-Code) are available too, also if you delete the favorites.)
- The pixel offset in the OSM-map of the Lumia 950 device (RM-1105) is detected automatically now.
Update 126.96.36.199 – Changelog
- Fixed an error in the coordinate transformation
I have a new issue with maaloo geocaching. When I add the final stage of a multicache, let’s say N48 49.ABC E2 19.DEF, when I save it, it registers as 49.AB(C-1) 19.DE(F-1)
If I add one to C and F so that the -1 corrects it, it doesn’t work systematically.
I also have this effect sometimes. Not only when adding final stages, it may happen on every kind of stage.
I think it is due to a rounding error in the conversion to the decimal format and back again. I’ll check that out. But do not panic, the difference of the last coordinate position is only about a meter in real terms. The GPS accuracy is certainly much worse 😉
This issue is fixed in version 188.8.131.52 coming the next hours.
I’m not able to open the Caches on my phone after I have new installed. The map is open as usual and I can see all Caches but I’m not able to open it (for detailed view). Any suggestions? Thanks for help.
If you own an Lumia 950, there is an issue with the touch point which is shifted vertically against the map position. If you touch below the cache you get the cache details. You can fix this with an map option, see more details: https://maaloo7.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/update-geocaching-v2-9-1/
(-50 is a good value)
After the update, I am not able to access anymore to dropbox through maaloo application.
I have the following message: “error” = “v1_retired”.
I cannot initialize my connection to dropbox again with my login/password.
Is there a way to execute a first connection process ? Empty cache ?
The way maaloo communicates with Dropbox was switched off by Dropbox. You can use OneDrive instead.
Thanks for the answer. In consequence, the choices offered by maaloo for uploading gpx files are now very limited.
I would appreciate to be able to store the gpx files on the phone /sd card or even better to share my tracks by email or with strava 🙂
Maybe in a next update ? 🙂 Thanks.
When do you think to
move your app to Andorid?
“Move an App to Android”?
As far as I know, Android isn’t able to run Windows Mobile Apps.
If you really want to use Android, why don’t you use c:geo?
I didn’t use it yet, but I’ve heared, that it is nearly as good as maaloo.
Almost free: 14.49 EUR, same price as Maaloo Outdoor 8. 🙂
Which Country? Maaloo Outdoor 8 cost 2.99€
Screen captures from Microsoft Store pages at request. I have no explanation. 😦
RON ≠ EUR
Thanks for the great app, used it many years.
“The lost of the GPS-signal is now alerted by voice and vibration.”
-Well, this is not so good add…
Case is something like this:
If map is not centered to my current location, I then press the phone home button …and when returning back to Maaloo, I may get this this alert.
Allways get’s this alert, regardless. And in German, although the app is set to Spanish. How to turn this off?
I will implement an option for this.
Thanks for quick fix!
> The ‘View Online’ feature is not available for Basic members of geocaching.com
That’s an interesting change. I’m curious, is this because of some sort of policy requirement? I don’t see a technical reason for it.
Also, as a fellow developer of WP8.1 apps that had their features randomly broken by WM10 updates, I feel for you regarding the Here maps issue. I have since given up trying to fix stuff that Microsoft broke, mainly because I had no idea how to fix them – it was all working fine on WP8.1, or in the emulators! And I’m still using my trusty WP8.1 phone and OS.
Yes this is a requirement from geocaching.com. They have requested that explicitly.
Thanks for your compassion about the W10M problem. Microsoft is making every effort to throw the developers sticks between the legs. Really sad.
Yes, I agree on the state the W10 mobile is in now. A lot of applications which is regarded as neccessary in Norway are removed from the platform. That includes travel and banking apps. So I was more or less forced to leave W10m and Maaloo. Thats a pity, but Locus Map Pro for Android is a good substitude.