A very useful new feature comes with V2.4 of maaloo Geocaching, the possibility to use ready made map packages from SD-card. If you do not have an SD-card you can import the map files by mail or Cloud. The map files must follow the .gemf-format, known from Android-phones. You can create this map files with the Mobile Atlas Creator (Mobac, format ‘Osmdroid GEMF’) by yourself or download them from other sources. There are some ready made map files in a neat map catalog on this site.
The most noticeable visual change is the new map menu. The different map sources are organized in an Online and Offline page with folders to categorize them.
You can define as many user defined map providers as you want now. The limit of only 1 user defined map is revoked.
All new features
- possibility to use ready made map files (.gemf) from SD-card or imported them to the local storage
- more than one user defined map
- the file extensions .gpx and .gemf are now associated with the app. You can open this file-type from mail or file browsers and switch directly to maaloo to import this files.
- the Go-function now works better with the ‘Navigation HERE’ option.
- A tap on the 2 or 4 Info-fields on the map opens the map options page to select the content for the fields.